Marketing Acrobat and Project Juggler Extraordinaire
We’re looking for an agile, on-the-ball, meticulously organized individual to manage some of Hawaii’s most impactful marketing projects from launch to landing.
What you’ll do_
- Work with project sponsors, stakeholders, and team members to define project requirements, scope, risks, staffing requirements, organization, and approach.
- Work with resource managers to obtain resource assignments.
- Work with the project team and sponsors to develop detailed project work plans, timelines, and budgets.
- Appropriately and effectively use standard methodology and templates.
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progress on schedule and within budget.
- Track and manage issues; escalate issues to the appropriate level in a timely manner.
- Track and manage project budgets.
- Prepare status reports and keep project sponsors, team, stakeholders, and others informed of project status and related issues.
- Manage requests for changes to scope, schedule, and budget according to defined change control procedures.
- Serve as project liaison representing the project to other departments, senior management, affiliated individuals or institutions, and outside organizations.
- Effectively close projects ensuring that all project work and documentation is complete and that all project work has been successfully transitioned to operations.
- Contribute to project portfolio planning by developing project justifications and estimates and/or proposals.
What you’ll need_
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate competency in the following areas:
Project Management: Demonstrates skill in applying project management concepts and tools in the successful planning, execution, controlling and closing of projects; determines which process or deliverable is best for the project at hand; develops high quality and appropriate deliverables.
Technology/Clinical Skills: Stays knowledgeable in a broad spectrum of productivity and project management software and technologies; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Analysis: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving: Skillfully identifies, analyzes, resolves, or escalates problems/issues in a timely and appropriate manner; develops alternative solutions; facilitates resolution by working well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates interpersonal and social skills required for positive interaction with others; utilizes behaviors that establish trust, minimize conflict, maximize cooperation; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas.
Oral communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listens well and solicits information and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation and facilitation skills; conveys complex or technical information effectively to technical and non-technical folks; effectively conducts meetings.
Written communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents complex data effectively.
Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments; supports others’ efforts to succeed.
Leadership: Displays passion and optimism; earns respect and trust; empowers others to fulfill project goals; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
Delegation: Delegates work assignments matches responsibility to the person; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
Ethics: Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Decision making: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work and work of his/her project team to ensure quality; ascribes to a standard of excellence.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work/project environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or other closely related field or comparable years’ experience, required.
- Minimum 5 years working as a Project Manager.
- Understanding of Project Management methodologies, Project Management education preferred.
- Basic understanding of marketing principles and information technology.
- Minimum 7 – 10 years formal Project Management experience managing mid to large scale projects required; marketing communications setting preferred.
- PMP or similar Project Management certification strongly preferred.
MVNP provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation and sick days, state and federal holidays, and a 401k.
WORK WITH US_